Saturday, October 3, 2009

More shapes !

New fairing sketch is here ! after some brainstorm :D, I went with cranks down to 110mm Q-factor, thatway I managed to narrow the pedal box few centimeters. I also went to 170mm cranks which I'v tested on my road bike 8 years ago. That also made it more narrow and also lower. Lenght also was cut to 260cm because of the rear wheel was moved towards. Front section is also a bit lower to make better view. Iteration will happen in few days again when I get more ideas and get some ideas of the parts I will need. Also tilt angle was increased to 40 degrees to get the corners !

Measurements are:

lenght: 260cm, 102"
height without canopy: 73cm, 29"
width: 49cm, 19"


1 comment:

  1. Contact ben@trisled.com.au, he is producing 150mm cranks with a Q factor of 85mm. About AUS$400 for the cranks & BB & BB shell. Awesome. With such a small pedal box, the front end becomes really narrow. 150mm cranks just require a slightly higher cadence, but lower gearing. Worth the effort so you can narrow up the front.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, it will be published immediately. Thank You !