Monday, October 5, 2009

Narrow Spindle

Came up the idea that I need a narrow Q-factor cranks and since there are no real options on the market, I went with designing my own. No cutting existing spindles, no welding joints, it's totally new one! This time with ISIS type of splined spindle. With this I'm able to lower my Q-factor down to 115mm with FSA AERO TT cranks which again helps me to narrow my liner. At this point I skip custom crank designing and stick with the ready made ones, but perhaps in the future, (ideas allready bouncing around in my head).. The new spindle is only made shorter while keeping the rest as standard, other parts comes from commercially available BB. Spindle is supposed to be done from titanium alloy (wooo!) and is milled to precision ;), M15 crank bolts would add the weight-wheenie points, but I'd rather stay on the safe side and keep M12 bolts as a standard, nothing beats the strenght! Spindle alone weights 100 grams, and this could be the first narrow ISIS bottom bracket in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it will be published immediately. Thank You !